Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Girlfriends


My high school girlfriends and I all meet once a month for our book club which started as a secret code name for a night away without our husbands! I am proud to say that it has evolved to a real book club complete with dinner, a monthly book and a project. This month was our annual green dinner, the book was River Secrets and the project was actually a service project. We made blankets for the Christmas box in SLC and put together a gift basket for a young girl that was just diagnosed with Leukemia. This picture was taken after midnight not looking our best with some of the blankets we made. I feel really lucky to have such amazing friends and am so happy that we have kept in contact over the dare I say almost 11 years since we graduated. Wow - I'm old!

4 comments:

Indy Daleys said...

It's so great to have girlfriends like that! A priceless gift. I love that you have a blog, and I can keep up with you and your cute family!

lisa said...

yes, you are old! :)

Haguewood Family said...

I love your "Book Club" idea. How do you work it? Do you meet on a particular day?

Heidi said...

We meet on the third Wednesday of every month - but sometimes we move it around to make it work for as many as possible. We plan out 6 months at a time as a group. For each month we have it at a different house, pick a book, plan a pot-luck meal and do a project. The projects range from giving ourselves pedicures, to crafts, to night-outs, movies, etc. We usually just talk about the book over dinner or while we are hanging out - nothing official. It is a blast!